As I was brainstorming the perfect treat to share with you this Christmas, memories of cozy family gatherings and the joy of unwrapping presents danced through my mind.
That’s when it hit me – why not create a treat that embodies the magic of the holidays, something that not only tastes divine but also brings people together in celebration.
So, grab your aprons, clear some counter space, and join me in spreading the magic of the holidays through the irresistible charm of Chocolate Apple Slices.
Get ready for a journey filled with love, laughter, and the sweetest flavors of the season.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 cups of white almond bark
- Lemon juice
- Granny Smith apples
- Veggie wash
- Paper towels
- Apple skewers
- 8-count apple slicer
- Yum Crumbs (strawberry crumble, apple pie, salted caramel)
- Start by cleaning your apples with veggie wash to remove the wax. Dry them thoroughly.
- Use an 8-count apple slicer, placing it over the center of the apple, and press down firmly.
- Soak the slices in lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Dry the slices completely and set them aside.
- Prepare your chocolate coating by melting almond bark in 30-second intervals, adding Paramount crystals to aid the process.
- Insert sticks into the thick part of each apple slice.
- Dip the slices into the chocolate coating, rotating to ensure an even coat.
- Drain excess chocolate and place on a box or Styrofoam to dry.
- Create sets with different coatings like milk chocolate, strawberry crumble, apple pie, and salted caramel.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over slices for a decorative touch.
- Save any extra chocolate coating for future use.
Making the Dip:
Create a delicious fruit dip using:
- Marshmallow fluff
- Philadelphia cream cheese
Mix until smooth for a sweet, creamy dip.
- Remove sticks by twisting and pulling gently.
- Plate the chocolate apple slices beautifully for a festive display.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Can I use a different type of apple for the Chocolate Apple Slices?
While Granny Smith apples are recommended for their tartness, you can experiment with other apple varieties based on your preference. Just ensure they are fresh and firm for the best results.
How do I prevent my apple slices from browning?
The key is the lemon juice bath! After slicing your apples, soak them in lemon juice for about a minute. This not only adds a subtle citrusy flavor but also prevents the slices from turning brown.
Can I substitute almond bark with other chocolate coatings?
While almond bark is used in the tutorial, you can use other chocolate coatings like melting wafers or chocolate chips. Experiment with your favorite chocolate for a personalized touch.
How long can I store the Chocolate Apple Slices, and do they need to be refrigerated?
Store your Chocolate Apple Slices in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. This helps maintain their freshness and prevents the chocolate coating from melting in warmer temperatures.
5. Can I freeze the Chocolate Apple Slices?
It’s not recommended to freeze them, as freezing may affect the texture and freshness. For the best results, store them in the refrigerator and enjoy within the suggested timeframe for optimal flavor and quality.